ENERGY OAT BALLS
My lovely friend Matty is a chef, food lover and fellow mental health advocate. We know each other through work and we had a lightbulb moment to partner up on a recipe idea. The brief? Something vegan, quick, and energy-boosting before or after a yoga class. … And he delivered! Matty has created something fully-vegan, deliciously moreish and so easy to make! Go check out this guy’s Instagram profile – he’s brilliant and really making a name for himself. Thank you Matty for a great recipe.
Energy oat balls (Veganske Havregrynskugler)
Vegan energy balls for a little pick-me-up
- Freestanding mixer (optional)
- Non-stick tray
- Baking paper
- 300 g porridge oats
- 150 g extra virgin coconut oil
- 180 g icing sugar check it's vegan
- 40 g cacao powder
- 100 ml warm coffee
- 50 g dark chocolate 70% or more
- 50 g desiccated coconut or chopped nuts
- Melt the coconut oil if not already liquified. Then combine the oats, coconut oil, icing sugar and cacao powder using either your paddle beater on your mixer or simply a wooden spoon.
- Slowly incorporate the coffee and beat/stir together to form a firm dough.
- Line a tray with baking paper and then spread the mixture onto the tray and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, weigh into 40g chunks. After the mixture is divided, roll each one into balls and refrigerate to firm up (about 20 minutes).
- As they chill, slowly melt the chocolate over a saucepan of water or in the microwave, stirring regularly.
- Decorate your chilled balls by drizzling with the chocolate and topping with the coconut or nuts.