New potato and balsamic salad
We all know the benefits of getting in our veggies and this does it in a deliciously simple way. Having something easy to throw together in the summer months makes it uncomplicated to get the goodness and hydration our bodies need in the warmer months.
There’s lots of colours, lots of veg, healthy fats from the avocado and a little protein hit from the sprinkling of cheese and seeds too. Enjoy!
New Potato and Balsamic Salad
- 1 avocado
- 300 g new potatoes
- 2 sweet gem lettuce florets
- Half punnet cherry or baby plum tomatoes
- 0.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- Feta, goats' cheese or vegan equivalent
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, flax etc)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the new potatoes onto a baking tray, halving some of the larger potatoes so they are roughly all the same size. Use about a tablespoon of olive oil to coat them and then season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until soft and golden.Variation: boil the new potatoes until cooked through instead.
- Once cooked, remove the potatoes from the oven or pan and leave to cool slightly.
- Whilst cooling, prepare the salad leaves by washing and then roughly slicing the leaves. Chop the tomatoes in half and half and cube the avocado. Place half the salad leaves and add half of the chopped tomatoes and avocado onto each plate.
- Sprinkle with cheese and seeds (if desired) and finally drizzle the rest of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad.