Salted caramel banana muffins
A super easy and yummy recipe that you can eat for breakfast!
I love using overripe bananas for baking and this uses quite a few so if you’ve got leftover bananas, this recipe is perfect for you!
The added protein means they are great for filling you up in the mornings and the combination of nuts and bananas are good for energy first thing. But these also work as a great little afternoon pick me up.
PLUS, I can confirm they also freeze well! Enjoy 🙂
Salted Caramel Banana Muffins
- 2 scoops salted caramel protein powder (I used PhD Smart Plant Protein - vegan)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup sweetener (I used light brown sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (Almonds worked well)
- 3 bananas (ripe - very ripe)
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (gently melt)
- 2 tsp caramel flavouring
- crushed nuts to scatter on top
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and add muffin cases to a 12-hold muffin tray.
- Mix all ingredients apart from the nuts together in one bowl, ensuring the mixture is smooth.
- Add the nuts and mix well so all nuts are coated.
- Split the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cases. Sprinkle the crushed nuts on top of each muffin, if using.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool before taste testing!